Monday, October 18, 2010

Life Goes On

I've been procrastinating with this post. I almost skipped it completely because I knew it would be hard to write about everything that has happened in the past few months. But then I realized that just because this is not necessarily a "happy" post, it doesn't have to a negative one. I didn't want to not address the past few months, because it is a part of mine and Brandon's life, and this blog is dedicated to just that.

Around my fifth month of pregnancy, Brandon and I learned that there were several complications associated with the baby. We were sent immediately to a high-risk pregnancy physician to get more information on his condition. After extensive tests and ultrasounds, we learned that our little man had what they refer to as a Trisomy 18. This means that he had 3 chromosomes of #18 instead of the normal 2. This is a very serious condition, and most babies that have this do not make it.

Brandon and I were devastated when we learned the news. Our little boy was already so much a part of our lives, and the thought of losing him seemed so unbearable. Around the 22nd week of my pregnancy we did, in fact, lose him.

After going through what seemed to be the hardest 3 weeks of our lives, Brandon and I learned that life does go on. We are surrounded by a wonderful group of family and friends. We have loving parents that support us and our decisions. We both have great jobs that we both enjoy. We are happily married, and will always have each other to lean on. And lastly, God had blessed me with the most wonderful sister in the world. Without her support through this ordeal, I don't know how I could have survived. She is my sister and my best friend- all rolled into one! So to Allie- you will never know how grateful I am to have you.

I will now move on to happier posts; ones that talk about fun events, family get-togethers, etc. I don't want to forget all that has happened- I just don't want it to be painful to remember. And, as life goes on, it will get easier.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I am so sorry to hear about this. I am praying for you and Brandon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips