Tuesday, December 14, 2010

St. Jude Marathon Weekend!


What a FUN weekend this was! The Brandons, Allie, and I all decided to participate in the annual St. Jude race in downtown Memphis. Thousands of people are involved in this event every year and it felt so good to be a part of such a great cause. Mom, Dad, and Will all came down to cheer us on, which made it even MORE fun!



Allie and I started training in October for the 5K run. After what my body had gone through the past couple of months, it was quite a challenge getting back into shape. I used to run quite often, so thankfully my body remembered that! This however, was my first real organized run, so I was very excited. I was so proud of myself and Allie- we finished faster than we did in all our training runs. Brandon C ran the half marathon, and we were all waiting at the finish line to cheer for him. This was so much fun and I can definitely see us all participating again next year!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips