Sunday, December 26, 2010

'Tis the Season

I'm a little behind on my blogging! I meant to have this post up a couple of weeks ago but, better late than never. We had a wonderful holiday season this year. It was busy- but that's the way I like it. By New Year's, Brandon and I were just ready to spend a night at home in our pjs. Here are a couple of pictures from Christmas I wanted to share!


This year, we declared our first ever "Grandkids Day." Us grandkids wanted to spend a little extra time with Grandmother around the holidays so we all decided to come together and make a day of it. We listened and sang along to Christmas tunes, decorated a fabulous Gingerbread house, made homemade pretzels for a snack, ordered pizza for lunch, and, most importantly, spent some time with Grandmother. We all voted to have "Grandkids Day" be an annual event!








Since I did not decorate a tree or put up any Christmas decorations this year (I know, I know- I'm a Scrooge!) I realized I did not have to match my wrapping paper to my decor. This gave me the opportunity to be really creative and outrageous with my color choices for wrapping paper- so I was! This is a picture of my "Who" (as in the Grinch) presents. I got bright colored paper and ribbon and decorated them just like all the Who presents in the movie. I thought they turned out really cute!


Brandon and I on Christmas Day at Nancy's.



I think Ruby got more presents that I did. I just could not resist giving her some gifts early, which meant I kept having to go back and buy more presents for me to wrap up! I did give her a Christmas scarf early so she could look festive on Christmas Day:)






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips