Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let Freedom Ring

Happy Freedom Day!


It's so nice to have today off with Anniston and Brandon (us pharmacists don't always get the 4th off).    After spending my all weekend with Anniston, I really missed her Monday and Tuesday.  More so than usual.  I am so happy today to spend all day playing with her!

We have a fun day planned.  Later today we are going to Brandon's sister's house for a fun July 4th get together.  Later tonight, if all goes as planned, Allie and I are going to try to have a little "girl time" and catch a movie.

I was thinking last night how much has changed in my life since last July 4th.  I remember Brandon and I waking up early last year for breakfast at Panera before heading out to some neighboorhood yard sales.  We were looking for baby things. I was about 6 months pregnant at the time. Then we had to drive across the river to Arkansas so Brandon could buy some fireworks for later that night.  I could care less about store bought fireworks but I let B have his fun because he loves to shoot fireworks.

That afternoon Allie came over to help me work on some projects for the nursery.  We went to Hobby Lobby for supplies to make the hanging flower balls and the yarn wrapped letter "A" that now hangs in Anniston's nursery.  That night we went out to Brandon's mom's house for a cookout and to watch the Collierville fireworks.  I remember thinking to myself how much things would be different on July 4th next year.  Well, here it is a year later and things are definitely different!  It's hard to believe how much your life can change in a year.

We are going to have so much fun this year.  I feel so blessed to have such an awesome husband and sweet, beautiful, healthy little girl to spend this day with.  Here are a couple of festive pictures I snapped the other day!  Sorry for the picture overload but I'm sure we will have more from later today!













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips