Monday, November 25, 2013

Marking Things Off the To-Do List



Ahh- it feels so good to be caught up with my to-do list.  Often times the holiday season gets so busy and I feel as if I'm struggling to keep up with it all.  I was determined this year to start early and finish early so I would actually have time to enjoy all the fun activities we have planned. 

I am 80% done with my Christmas shopping, and all presents I have bought are wrapped and under the tree, my Christmas decorations are up (including our outside lights), and Anniston's advent calendar is all planned and set up!  I feel like I'm totally on my A-game.

We were pretty low-key this weekend, which allowed me to finish up the last bit of chores I wanted to accomplish off my list.  Anniston and I ran a few errands Saturday morning and had plans to come back home to help Brandon rake leaves.  Once I felt how cold it was outside, I withdrew my offer to help and instead we watched him from the window:) 

We spent the rest of Saturday cleaning, doing laundry, and just taking it easy.  Anniston helped me out a lot- she apparently thought her bows needed a good cleaning again, even though she had just cleaned them really well a few days ago.



We ate in Saturday night instead of going out because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to get dressed and weather the cold. It felt nice to just hang out at home instead of rushing off here and there.  There will plenty of that later!

On Sunday my parents came into town so my dad and Brandon could hang up our outside lights.  I had a teeny tiny list of other things I wanted them to do as well.  This was one of them:


It was kind of hard to get a good angle but this is my front staircase leading up to the second floor.  I LOVE how this turned out!  I debated doing a collage of sorts, but in the end I decided I wanted to keep it simple and clean looking.  Allie helped me plan it out on a fancy app she has and I think it looks great.  Brandon and my dad had SO much fun hanging it (insert sarcasm) but it's ok because my mom and I rewarded them with cookies:)

Mom and Dad bought Anniston her very own Christmas tree for her playroom.  All the ornaments are non-breakable so she can take them off, rearrange them, and basically do whatever she wants with them.  She loved it and had so much fun putting all the ornaments on- even though all the ornaments pretty much ended up all in one spot:)

While Brandon and my dad were working on something in my craft closet, Anniston had fun "shopping":

She loaded her gift bags up with toys and books, put on her clogs, and pushed that shopping cart like she was on a mission.  Then she'd come back into the room and yell "I'm baaaaack...."  Silly girl.

Sunday night Brandon made a fire, and we all curled up on the floor next to it and watched the Grinch.  Anniston was captivated.  She didn't take her eyes off the TV for the entire show.  She loved the music and little Cindy Lou Who.  She demanded to watch it again after it was over, but I finally talked her into taking a bath first and then watching it again.  I know we are starting the Christmas season early, but I just can't help myself.  There is just too much fun stuff to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips