Thursday, April 19, 2012

Play Dates

I had yesterday and today off work and Anniston and I have been two busy girls!  We had a checkup yesterday morning for her ears (everything checked out great!), made a little trip to Target (with a very large bill), and then headed out to see my friend Emily and her two daughters for our first play date!

Emily and I graduated pharmacy school together and I am so glad we have kept in touch through the years.  She has a 2 year old (Olivia) and a 4 week old (Ava).  We had so much fun catching up!  Miss Olivia is so cute and at such a fun age.  She showed me her room and her toys and told me that she is a big help with Ava.  Little Ava is a such a doll- and so tiny!  I didn't know how well the "play date" was going to go with a 4 week old, a 6 month old, and a 2 year old but we did really well!  Anniston was in a good mood and Ava slept most of the time!  Here are a couple of pics I snapped:








This morning we had another play date with my friend Amanda and her 10 week old, Bridger.  And I forgot to take pictures!  We had fun hanging out at our house and playing.  Every time Bridger would cry Anniston would stare at him and raise her eyebrows as if to say, "Whatcha crying for?  Be happy!"  This afternoon we had Anniston's 6 month check up and shots.  Allie went with me since Brandon is still out of town.  Anniston did great with the shots- she only cried for a few minutes. She weighed 19.7 lbs and was 26 in long.  Our doctor was very pleased with her stats and development!  Yay!

A at the doctor- she loves the paper sheets they lay out on the examining table!


On another note- Anniston is now mobile!  She's not crawling just yet but she has figured out how to "scoot" backwards and turn herself a complete 180!  I cannot leave her alone for a second!  We have a pretty big playmat that covers the entire center area of our living room.  I can put her at one side and within a matter of seconds she can be on the other side about to roll or scoot off of it!  She can even get herself up on all fours and a rock back and forth.  Then she gets frustrated that she can't go anywhere!  This all happened practically overnight!  I can't wait for Brandon to get home (he comes back tomorrow!) so he can see her do this.  I sent him a video the other day showing him what all she can now do and he was amazed that this all has happened since he's been gone.  She also reached for me when I held out my hands to her tonight for the VERY FIRST TIME!  I cannot express how excited this makes me.  I've been trying to get her to do it for weeks and Brandon always laughs at me when she doesn't do it.   I can't wait to show him when he gets home!  She did it several times tonight while Aunt Allie was holding her and once when she was in her exersaucer.

We sent Daddy a little message yesterday and he LOVED it.  He told me later he showed it to all his coworkers!



I am SO glad Brandon will be home tomorrow night.  While I missed him so much, I am also glad Anniston and I got some one-on-one time with each other.  I have had so much fun with her these past two weeks and have enjoyed getting her all to myself.  I've also missed her more than usual when I'm away from her at work.  I think we have bonded on another level since Brandon has been gone.  Nevertheless, I will be SO READY to see my honey tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips