Saturday, December 15, 2012

Anniston's 1st Birthday (2 Months Late)



This is a VERY long post.  Don't say you haven't been warned:)

Yes- I realize it has been over 2 months since Anniston turned 1.  I kept waiting on my CD of the pictures the professional photographer was supposed to give me.  I'm STILL waiting on it.  I've seen the pictures (they are great) but I have no way to upload them without my CD.  I will not even get started on a rant about why I don't have it, so let's just move on right past that.

I do, however, have a few pictures that my sister took.  They are totally awesome but she didn't get pictures of everything.  I wanted her to be able to have fun and enjoy the party, which is why I hired someone to do the pictures.  Big mistake.  Anyhoo...

The party turned out fabulous.  I put a lot of work into this party and I had fun planning it.  Everything turned out almost exactly as I had envisioned and we had so much fun.  Onto the details...

THEME/DECOR:
The theme I chose was Shabby Chic Sugar and Spice.  I love shabby chic decor and I wanted something vintage and girly.  I realize this will probably be the last party that I have a say in what the theme is!

The printables you will see through-out were custom designed for me by Gwynn Wasson Designs.  I highly recommend her to anyone wanting party printables.  She was awesome to work with and I couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out.  She designed my invitations, cone holders, place cards, favor tags, and cupcake toppers.

Here is a picture of the invitations:

How perfect are these?  I was in love...

Here is the main table set-up:
The ruffle tablecloth I ordered from here on Etsy.  I think it went just perfect with my theme.  The fabric backdrop and banner I ordered from another Etsy shop called Party Paper Scissors.  It is one of my favorite decorations!

Side note:  In case you haven't yet noticed, I got almost everything for this party on Etsy!

 This is a side table I decorated to hold the cookies and a couple of pictures from her birthday photo shoot.  I absolute adore the pink vintage suitcase that holds the cookies.  


 Although you can't see the entire setup in this picture, this was what was hanging above my mantle.  These are pics from Anniston's birthday photo shoot (taken by my sister, Allie.)  If you've never ordered canvas prints from Walgreens, you should.  These were a great price and the quality was decent for the money.  I also had little bud vases with pink flowers staggered around the mantle, but I think she took this picture before they were put up there.


 Table with all of Anniston's first year photo books.  I also had all of my monthly blog letters to her printed in a book.  


 Here is a picture of the favors table. I ordered picture magnets from Shutterfly, wrapped them in cellophane bags, and tied pink and teal ribbon around them.


 This is from the main entry table.


Also from the main entry table.  In the invitations, I asked everyone to write a special message to Anniston for her to open on her 16th birthday.  I stored them in this super cute vintage suitcase I bought off Etsy.

Here is the wreath I had made from this shop on Etsy.  I hung it in the entryway.  


FOOD:
I kept the food fairly simple.  The party was at 3:00 pm so I knew people wouldn't be expecting a full meal.  There were plenty of sweets and candy, though.  Lollipops, rice krispie treats dipped in white chocolate, gumballs, personalized M&M's, popcorn drizzled in strawberry cream white chocolate, cake, cookies, and cupcakes kept everyone's sweet tooth satisfied.  I threw in some fruit with dip and pimento cheese sandwiches too.

Cookies via The Sweet Shop Cookie Co on Etsy



 Personalized M&M's in teal, pink, and white


 Lollipops via Kara's Party Ideas.  The teal mini trunk I found on sale at Hobby Lobby.


I think the popcorn was one of my favorites.  I ordered caramel popcorn drizzled in strawberry cream white chocolate so it would have a pink color to it.  The cone holders (better seen in the table setup pic) my dad made for me!  Isn't he handy?


Rice Krispie Treats


 Mini cupcakes made by Kipp Cakes.  


And, of course, the CAKE!!!!  How fabulous did this turn out?  This was also made by Kipp Cakes. I gave her a picture of what I had in mind and I think she did a fantastic job!  The bunting I ordered from Etsy- found here.  You can't see the cake stand in this picture (again, refer to the table setup pic) but it's a wooden box personalized with "Happy Birthday Anniston" on it.


I don't think my sister got a picture of the drink table, but I served pink lemonade in mason jars, complete with pink and white straws.

I promise, this post is almost over:)
Here are a couple of shots Allie managed to snap of Anniston in her party dress.  I wanted something sweet, simple, and timeless for her to wear.  I think this dress fit the bill.  I bought it at Janie and Jack and ordered the headband off Etsy.

 Riding in her pink car that Kay Kay and Poppy gave her!


 Don't we look perfectly coordinated?!!!





Whew!  That's all.  I probably should have split this up into 2 posts but once I had a free moment to write this, I just had to get it DONE.  I'm glad I got it documented because I hope to always remember Anniston's very first birthday party:)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable party!! Where did you get the balloons? I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I had no idea you blog! The party was gorgeous! So happy Party Paper Scissors played a small part in making Anniston's day special! xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips