Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Vacation- Medling Style



The title of this post makes it sound as if we are doing something really fun and exciting with our time off work.  Well, we're not.  But we still are having so much fun!

I was very lucky this year to get 5 whole days off for Christmas.  After Christmas is another story but for now I'm enjoying the time with my family!

Friday was spent running last minute errands so that I would not have to get out this weekend in the craziness.  Apparently the crazies were out Friday, too.  I'm so glad I went to Target early that morning because I ended up having to make a quick trip back later that afternoon and it was NUTS!  And don't even get me started on Toys R Us!

Speaking of Toys R Us, why was I even there 4 days before Christmas when we already have Anniston everything we were planning to get her?  Because I had the compelling urge to get her just one (or two) more things!  I know, I know- she probably won't know the difference and would probably be happy with just one gift, but I couldn't help myself.  This is the first Christmas we are doing Santa and wrapping presents for her, since last year she was just 2 months old.  Needless to say, I can't WAIT for Christmas to get here and to see her play with all her new toys.

So what did I get at Toys R Us that was so important that it needed to be added to her stack of "Santa" toys?  A Care Bear.  I got the Harmony Bear because it's purple and we love us some purple around here.


 It might be true that I got her a Care Bear just as much for me as for her.  You see, I used to collect Care Bears when I was little.  I loved them.  I watched all of their cartoons.  Then I got head lice from some little girl in kindergarten and my mom made me we had to throw away all stuffed animals that could possible be infected.  I was heartbroken!  I hope Annie will enjoy them as much as I did!

Yesterday my mom and dad came into town to do a little shopping so they stopped by our house for a bit to see Anniston and help us with a few last minute Christmas preparations.  Mom helped me wrap the last of my presents while Dad and Brandon put together the vintage play kitchen that Santa is going to bring to her.

Anniston has apparently caught some kind of virus or stomach bug.  She has had really bad diarrhea since Friday afternoon and has been throwing up too.  She barely ate any of her blueberry waffle this morning (which she usually LOVES.)  Shortly after she starting getting sick and throwing up everywhere.  I felt so bad for her.  She sat on the floor, barely moving, and watched one of her favorite videos for over 30 minutes!

That never happens so I knew then that she didn't feel well at all.  Luckily, we didn't have any big plans today so I have all day to cater to my sick baby girl!

I think she only left mine or Brandon's lap once until late this afternoon when she started to feel a little better.  She mostly slept or just curled up in our arms.  She was so lifeless; she didn't talk, smile, or play at all.  I think this was the sickest she's ever been!  I tried to feed her jello and Pedialyte later in the day, which only resulted in more throwing up.

Late afternoon she seemed to feel a little better.  She actually sat in her high chair to eat some Cheerios (and kept it down!)  She was much happier the rest of the night, with the exception of another throw up session right before bed.  I hope she feels better tomorrow because it breaks my hear to see her feeling so bad!

Here she is just sitting in my lap watching here Baby Genius DVD.  Pitiful:(



We may not have much exciting going on during our days off before Christmas, but there is no other way I'd rather spend my time.  Lounging around the house as a family is a wonderful treat when Brandon and I both work full time and our weeks sometimes get really hectic.  This is the perfect vacation!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips