Sunday, September 29, 2013

Carnival Fun + A Princess Party



We had such a busy, fun Saturday.  A big thank you to my awesome sister for swapping a day at work with me so I could enjoy this day with Anniston and Brandon!

Yesterday was the annual Fall Carnival at Annie's school.  I had been looking forward to this for weeks- I love fall carnivals!  And this one did not disappoint!  It was such a fun atmosphere, big enough so that there was plenty to do and see, but not too big that you didn't see people you know or get overwhelmed.  It was beautiful weather, which made it all the more enjoyable. 




We all had so much fun.  There was apple bobbing, water pong, pumpkin painting, cake walks, and even one of the school's soccer games going on in the field right beside the carnival.  They had 2 huge blow-ups- a bouncy house and a slide.  Anniston LOVED the slide.  I don't know how many tickets we used going down that slide over and over.  I had to go with her each time because it was such a steep hike to the top and let me tell you- my workout for the day is complete!  It was pretty tough hiking up to the top with a 2 year old in tow.  But we slid down together, holding hands, with her giggling the entire way down.  It doesn't get much better than that- so when she kept saying "Again!" I just smiled and said "Okay!"



We let Annie have her first taste of cotton candy (which she loved, of course!):




Her and Brandon watched a bit of the soccer game (Brandon was thrilled, obviously):


She fished, played water pong, and plinko to win some prizes:




Her and Brandon even did the cake walk together:



Fall carnivals bring back some awesome memories of my childhood and I just love the atmosphere and all the games associated with it.  It was such a blast!  I'm so glad we chose this school for Anniston- I love getting involved and participating in things like this and this school has SO MUCH of that!  Everyone was so friendly and sweet and all the kids were having such a good time.

After nap, we headed out to a princess birthday party for one of our friends.  Anniston had been so excited to go Adalynn's party ever since I told her about it a couple of days ago.  My friend Jamie went all out!  It was such a cute birthday party and Annie had a blast playing with all the little girls.

A princess tea party!
 
 I'm guessing she thought this marshmallow stick was yummy
 
 Princess Anniston:)
 
Anniston and the birthday girl, Adalynn
 
 
I was EXHAUSTED after all the fun.  Considering she didn't nap well that day either, I barely got a break until she was in bed, fast asleep.  It was so worth it, though.  We had so much fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips