Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall is Here!

I LOVE the fall. It is my absolute favorite season. The leaves are turning colors, the weather is cool and breezy, and there are scents of apple cider and pumpkin spice everywhere.

Fall always brings back some great memories for me.

For starters, fall is a reminder that football is HERE! I LOVE football season! I was a football cheerleader in high school and some of my best memories are during football season. "Football Friday's" were my favorite. We got to wear our cheerleading uniforms to school and sometimes we would get out of school early for a pep rally. I can still remember dancing and cheering along with the band for all those Friday night games. Ahhh, good times.


Sorry for the terrible quality of these pics- they had to be scanned in because that's how ancient they are!  And NO laughing at my hair...

These are of me and my co-captain- Senior year


Fall is also when I chose to have my wedding. I wanted fall colors incorporated into my wedding decor, so we chose to have our wedding on September 1st, 2007. Early fall, but still! Fall reminds me the craziness of the last minute wedding preparations, our honeymoon, and coming back home as a newly married couple!




 
Fall means it is back to school! I think I must be a complete dork but I love back to school time! I can just smell the freshly sharpened pencils in the air! Ha ha! I loved going on our annual "back-to-school clothes" shopping trips with my mom, my sister, and my grandmother when I was younger. I would get so excited over all my new outfits and couldn't wait to wear them to school. I also loved buying school supplies- fun pens and pencils, a new backpack, and cool folders and Trapper Keepers! I loved organizing all my folders for each different class. I'm telling you people- I could have been a professional student, easily!

Fall clothes are my favorite clothes to buy. My favorite outfit is a chunky sweater, jeans or leggings, and some cute boots. Oh, how I love me some boots! I am itching to start wearing my boots this year!



A few other random things I love about fall: pumpkin patches, watching Hocus Pocus during Halloween, hayrides, bonfires, s'mores, apple cider....the list goes on and on.

And, more recently, fall reminds me of giving birth to my precious baby girl, Anniston Ruth. September will always remind me of buying last minute baby items, having baby showers, and getting my hospital bag packed. October and November will always bring back memories of holding my teeny tiny baby in my arms, panicking over something that I wasn't sure about, having many sleepless nights, and just being a "new mother" and experiencing all the things that go along with that!





I'm looking forward to this year's fall. I hope we can make some wonderful new memories this year!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! The pictures of you and your baby is precious! I love fall too! I feel like I can wear anything in this season :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips