Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What's Been Going On...

This post will be random and choppy because I have so many different things to talk about.  For starters, I have been super busy (as always) but that's not the main reason why I haven't blogged in awhile.  The real reason?  We have been without cable and internet for 10 DAYS!!!

I mean seriously- how do you function when this happens?  And why is this the SECOND time this has happened to us in the last couple of months?  And why does it take Comcast 10 DAYS to get out here and fix it?

Because they are idiots, that's why.

I will spare you the horrible details of our many, many interactions with Comcast over the last several days.  They have probably red flagged us in their system.  Let's just say this:  Start of college football season + no cable= VERY cranky husband.  I almost felt sorry for the Comcast people that had to speak to him on the phone.  But then I thought about not being able to shop/blog/etc because of no internet (for 10 days!!)  and I quickly lost all sympathy for them.

Anyhoo- now that we are back in business our lives can return to normal.  Brandon is watching a soccer game, I am blogging, and all is right with the world again:)

In all seriousness, we didn't really miss it for the first couple of days.  Anniston has been keeping us so busy and we got a lot of things done around the house.  Then 5 days went by and then it became a different story...

Brandon and I went to stay a night in Tunica a couple of weekends ago and my parents came in town to stay with Anniston and Ruby.  We had a great time.  We shopped at some outlets, ate some great food, watched some football, and slept, slept, slept!  It was glorious.

To say that Anniston has been keeping us busy is quite an understatement.  She is walking all over the place now!  She's walking so well and loves to go from room to room, taking stuff out of drawers, pulling things off of shelves, etc.  She can have a room torn up in a matter of seconds!  I'm so proud of her walking!  Allie and I went and got her first pair of walking shoes.  They look so cute on her and  I think she likes them!

The invitations for her 1 year birthday party have been sent, the photographer has been booked, and our doorstep has a package of party supplies on it almost every day.  Things are really coming together.  I absolutely cannot wait!!!

We invited my family down this past Sunday for a little get together.  We were going to watch football and have snacks but that football thing didn't quite work out because of the Comcast idiots.  We had a good time playing with Annison and eating yummy snacks anyways!

I have so many pictures I've taken over the last couple of weeks but I'll try to only post a few...


Anniston in her new shoes...


Playing in her nursery...


Riding her new toy that Poppy and Kay Kay brought her...


Walking around at our family get-together this past Sunday...


Being extra cute for her Aunt Allie to snap a picture...


Allie and I this past Sunday...



1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, I cannot believe it took 10 days to fix it! I have always said I could give up cable, but I would DIE without internet. I mean, how do people find out anything? ha I can't wait to see pictures from Anniston's birthday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips