Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy 1 Year Anniston!

Dear Anniston,

You are now 1 year old!  It really seems like just yesterday that I was holding you for the first time.  I still remember what it was like those first few weeks after you were born.  We have come a long way since then!

We had your birthday party last Saturday and it was so much fun!  I know you won't remember anything about it- but believe me, you will have plenty of pictures to look through!

You are such a hoot these days.  I am constantly laughing at something new you did.  Your personality is really coming to life and I love it!  You are so happy and cheerful most of the time.  You get so excited to see me when I come home or when I pick you up from Kristi's.  You also get excited to see Daddy, Aunt Allie, and Kay Kay and Poppy.  You smile really big and bounce up and down.

We have had a small case of separation anxiety from me this month.  You cried for the first time when I left you at Kristi's last week.  Thankfully, that only lasted 3 days or so and you have been doing fine since.  Sometimes you get very clingy with me when we are at home and either want me to constantly hold you or play right beside you.  There have been a few nights here lately when you have woken up at night just a few short hours after you go down crying out for me.  You only want me to hold you (although you did go to Aunt Allie one night when she was over here hanging out.)  I know this is just a phase you are going through but it melts my heart that you love me that much:)

You are walking so well now.  You have learned a few new "dance moves" and like to sway your hips from side to side whenever you hear music.  You absolutely love these little Baby Einstein cardboard books we have and will constantly pick them up and bring them to me to read to you.  And I'm talking all.the.time!  I promise we've read them 6 times in a row before!

Words that you have said include: Da da, mama, Ruby, Allie, thank you, and diet coke (and no, I didn't give you any, but you see me drinking it.)  You are SO my child:)

You haven't had any full on temper tantrums yet, but you have pitched some small fits when you don't get your way.  It's mostly when we say no to you or take something that you shouldn't have away from you.  You plop down on the floor and cry, looking pitiful.  Usually, after about a minute or so, you become interested in something else and man, you can turn it off quick!

You have such a sweet personality.  When you are tired you will hold your arms up for me to pick you up and then you throw your arms around my neck and lay your head on my shoulder.  You are so cuddly at night and I love it.

I cannot wait to see what this next year brings us.  I love you more and more each day, baby girl!  Happy 1 year!



Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips