Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Pics and Vacation Kick-Off!


Saturday officially marked the start of vacation week #1!  Whoop whoop!  I will, however, be working some- our brand new store will be opening on Wednesday morning and I will be helping move the pharmacy Tuesday night.  I also have a couple of parties/pep rallies celebrating the grand opening that I will also be attending.  Even though I still have to "work" some, the opening of the new  store is so exciting and something I've been waiting for a LONG time!

We had a super productive Saturday.  My parents came in town for the day to help us put our living room, dining room, and entryway back together since our new floors got installed on Thursday.  We also had to borrow my dad's truck to go buy a box spring for our guest bedroom.  We also moved the last little bit of stuff out of the garage so we can finally park both cars in there!  My dad (the spray paint master) helped me paint the mirror that sits on my mantle.  It was a terribly outdated gold/brass color but I really didn't want to spend the money right now to buy another mirror/artwork for that space.  My mantle is HUGE.  It would have taken a very large piece of art to fill the space properly.  I already had the mirror, and the size worked, so I used the Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint to give it an updated look.  It looks fabulous, in my opinion!  I already have 2 other things on my "spray paint" list!  Sorry, dad!  You shouldn't be so good at it:)


I wish I had gotten a "before" pic, but I didn't:



It was HOT on Saturday!  Well, hotter than it's been since last summer, at least.  Mom and Dad took Anniston outside to play on her playground in our backyard.  I thought I'd share a full picture of our little play yard since you couldn't really see it all in the last post.


How awesome is it that this came with our house?  It's perfect for Anniston right now!

After a day of hard work, my parents and us went out to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse.  This was my first time eating there and it was really good!  Great family restaurant to bring the kiddo to as well.  We have been trying to teach A to color.  She's getting better at it and learning that crayons do not go in your mouth.  She went all "Miss Independent" on me when I tried to help her by pushing my hand away.  As we were leaving, a train was passing by.  I was predicting it would scare her because it was so loud- and this was the first time she's ever seen a real train before.  She held on tight to my dad at first but then started saying "choo choo" when we explained what it was.



Sunday afternoon we had a family day at the new Kroger.  It doesn't officially open until Wednesday, but this was a party where employees could bring their families and tour the new store.  She had so much fun looking at all the colorful flowers!



March Madness is about to start and the hubs couldn't be more excited.  He was deep in concentration last night filling out his (many) brackets.  I usually fill out a couple and mostly just guess.  It's always really funny when mine do better than his:)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips