Friday, August 23, 2013

Adjustments



We've had a bit of a rough time adjusting to Anniston's new school.  It has been a very stressful past 2 weeks for both her and me.  I've cried on the way to work, after dropping her off, almost every day.  Then I have to fight to hold back tears when I pick her up because I'm so happy to see her and hold her.  And then I pass out about 9 pm because I'm so emotionally exhausted.

I'm really surprised that we have had this much trouble adjusting.  I know it's a new school and all, but she's accustomed to me leaving her to go to work.  I had no idea it would be this hard. 

On the 3rd morning she screamed when I left her.  Screamed.  And then started choking because she was crying so hard.  I sat in my car when I left and cried myself.  And all the way to work.  And then I cried again when I called to check in on her (even though they told me she was doing fine and was having fun.)  When I went to pick her up, she was playing, but when she saw me, her bottom lip started quivering and she ran over to me and threw her arms around my neck.  Once I picked her up, she was fine.  And she was fine the rest of the night- she was actually in a great mood and chatted all the way home. 

It got better last week.  A couple of days she didn't cry at all.  And on the days she did cry, it wasn't as bad.  Her teachers have been sending me text updates and pictures throughout the day.  She seems to do fine after I leave and looks as if she is having a great time.

Throughout all of this, I've been so impressed with all her teachers and the staff.  They have truly been wonderful.  I love all the different activities they do with the kids and that they have a devotion every single day.  So far, I'm very, very happy that we have chosen this school. 

Here are a couple of pictures that her teacher has sent me this week while I was at work:


 

 

2 comments:

  1. oh this post just broke my heart! As a working mom, I know how hard it can be. So sorry y'all are having a difficult time and I pray I gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andrea!! It's getting better but it has been hard!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips