Friday, August 16, 2013

Weekend Happenings

***Note:  I was in the middle of typing this post last Monday about our weekend when my computer died because my charger was not working.  I've finally got my computer back and I know it's a week late, but I still wanted to post this anyway!


Last weekend really consisted of last Sunday and Monday since I had to work on Saturday.  Brandon and Anniston had so much fun having some Daddy-daughter time, though.  It makes it so much easier to work some weekends when I know they are having special bonding time together.

Sunday morning consisted of grocery shopping, laundry, and picking up around the house.  After nap we headed over to our friends' house for a cookout.  The plan was for me and Emily to work on our consignment stuff while the kids played and the boys grilled.  Emily and I had fun going through our clothes to consign and ended up buying stuff off each other. 

We ate hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, and ice cream.  It was so yummy and everyone had a great time. 



Anniston found a stethoscope and had fun playing doctor.  I have no idea how she knew what to do with it- she's never played with one that I know of.  Regardless, she loved it!  I see a future birthday present!


I  was off work Monday too, and Anniston and I were up early to get ready for our busy day.  I feel like superwoman after Monday.  I got so much stuff done and had a blast with Anniston.  That morning we ran to Home Depot to look at hardware for our kitchen, then to the grocery again to pick up a few things since we decided last minute to have Brandon's mom over for dinner that night.

Then we met up with Sarah and Sally for story time at The Village Toymaker.  I was a little nervous about her sitting still for the story, but she did well!  We sang a song at the beginning and did a little craft project afterwards.  It was a lot of fun and it was free!


During naptime I cooked a casserole to save for Brandon and Anniston to eat on the two nights this week that I work until 8 pm.  I also made me something to take for lunch at work.  I started entering in my consignment clothes, too.  I tell you, I'm becoming quite the little cook!  I'm so proud of myself. 

After Anniston woke up from her nap, Allie came over to play and hang out for a bit.  We let Annie ride around outside in her little powered jeep.  She was so adorable riding it.  She was scared of it at first but this weekend she has really had fun on it!  She can't steer quite yet, so you have to make sure there is nothing in her way...



Brandon came home as we were outside and she wanted to make sure her Daddy saw how good she was at driving it.  She kept saying, "Daddy, watch!" 

Brandon's mom came over for dinner later that night and I made tacos.  In case no one was paying attention- that's 3 things that I cooked on Monday!!  I totally gave myself a little pat on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips