Thursday, August 8, 2013

First Day of CTK



Anniston's first day at her new "school", Christ the King, was today.  I am utterly exhausted.  It has been such an emotional day (and not necessarily in a bad way) that I could have definitely benefited from a little anti-anxiety medication today.  Instead, I'm stretched out on the sofa, watching a little TV and my awesome hubby is giving me a foot massage.  Sigh...

I woke up super early this morning to prepare Anniston's lunch:



Anyone impressed?  Ok, so I know it's not Pinterest worthy as far as the real bento box lunches go, but I think I did pretty well for my first time!  So far, I'm loving the new bento system I purchased.  I wanted to make sure and send plenty of variety so I knew she would at least eat something on her first day.

We were packed up and out the door on schedule and I even had time for a few pics:





Ah, these just melt my heart.  My little girl is growing up so fast!

I was a little worried she would cry when I left, so I was prepared for that.  I'm happy to say I was wrong!  She walked right in and started playing with all the toys.  There was another little girl there already and they were checking each other out.  I hugged and kissed her bye and she never once cried or reached out for me.  This made my day at work so much easier.  I was still a nervous wreck all day, though.

I called the school about 1:30 to check on her.  I spoke to one of her teachers, who told me she had played well so far, ate well for lunch, and was now napping.  Whew.  We got off the phone and I broke down in tears.  Happy tears.  Tears of relief that she was doing well and adjusting to the new school.  The day seemed to drag on forever as I couldn't wait to go pick her up and hear about all the fun things she did that day.  I just knew she was having fun with all the activities they had planned for them.

I left work a little early and Allie met me at the school to pick her up from her first day.  She was the next to the last one left in her classroom and she was crying pretty bad when I walked into the room.  One of her teachers was holding her and said that she had just started getting upset when all the parents started coming in to pick up their kids.  She gets like that sometimes.  It's the end of the day, she's tired, and she sees all the other parents coming in.  She was fine once I had her and even yelled out "spiders!" while doing some new gesture with her hands.  I'm guessing they sang the song?

Here is her first daily report from her first day at school:



I came prepared with a special treat for the drive home- a sucker.  She was all over that!  I asked her various questions about her day and she responded with a "yeah" and then proceeded to laugh.  She was in a great mood the rest of the night and SO MUCH ENERGY.  This girl wore us out!  We "marched" around the house at least 150 times.  This was the best mood she has been in (at this hour) in a while! 

She crashed, though.  After bath, we sat on the sofa and watched Caillou and she fell asleep:(  I'm not too far behind her!  This day has been exhausting.  It was a good kind of exhausting, though.  I'm so happy that she had a good day and that it all went well.  Now I have to rest up for day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips