Saturday, December 28, 2013

What We've Been Up To- More Christmas + Zoo Lights



Christmas has come and gone- well, sort of.  We still had two more gatherings to attend, but for the most part it's time to relax and get ready to ring in the New Year!

I have quite a bit of time off from work this week (and next) and we plan to make the most of it.  Thursday night after work we met up with Allie and Brandon for Zoo Lights.  My mom and dad kept Anniston Thursday during the day while I was at work and once they mentioned that we were going to take her to the zoo later that night to see the animals and lights that's all she talked about all day.  My girl loves her some animals!

We all went to grab a quick bite to eat at Bosco's before heading to the zoo.  The entire car ride there went something like this:

Anniston:  "Going to see animals?"
Me:  "Yes!  We are going to the zoo to see the animals and the Christmas lights!"
Anniston:  "Going to see animals?"
Me:  "Yep- we are on our way to see the animals!"

And on it went the entire.way.there.

The lights were pretty cool.  They had lights in the shape of a train and snowman, which Anniston really enjoyed.  There weren't too many animals to see that late at night, much to Anniston's disappointment.  I felt so bad, she kept asking to see the giraffes, elephants, and pandas but none were out and about.  We did get to see some reindeer- which she got REALLY excited about.  It surprises me that she's not the least bit intimidated.  She walked right up to the gate, bent down and put her hands on her knees and said, "Come here reindeer."  It was so cute:) 






Then we came across the merry go round.  We stood and watched for a minute and when it stopped Anniston turned to me and said, "My turn, Mommy?"  Yet again, I was surprised she wanted to ride it.  Of course, I made Brandon go with her since even merry go rounds make me green in the face.  He let her pick which animal she wanted to ride.  Her choice- the panda:)  She and Brandon had SO much fun.  I think it was the highlight of the night.  She got upset when it was over and begged to ride again.  She kept wanting me to go with her and would say, "Come on Mommy!  Ride!  It be fun!"  She settled for waving at me and saying "Hey Mommy, look at me" every time she passed by me.  Allie rode with them the second time and got some really cute pics of her and Brandon having fun.



Even though we didn't get to see many animals, we still had a blast.  I've GOT to take her back to the zoo once it warms up so this girl can get her animal fix!

Friday we stayed in all morning, playing with all her new toys and organizing them into some sort of order.  That afternoon we met up with her cousins, Aunt Tara, and Mimi for Anniston's first ever movie- Frozen.  Brandon and I were fully prepared to not stay the entire time but I was hoping she would enjoy at least a little bit of it.  She did!  She was so good.  She plopped herself down in between the twins with her yogurt bites in one cup holder and her water bottle in the other and was ready for the movie to start.  When the actual movie started and the lights went out, her eyes got really big and she didn't know what to think!  She loved it though.  She would dance in her seat and giggle at the little song and dances.  About 45 minutes in she crawled up in my lap and we ended up having to leave with about 20 minutes left in the movie.  We didn't want to push our luck- I was so proud she did so well!





Tonight we had our Christmas with my dad's side of the family.  Annie was excited to get to open more presents.  Her favorite one by far was the little Fur-Real kitten that Allie got her.  We pass by these at every trip to Target and she goes nuts over them.  Her facial expression and reaction when she opened it up was priceless.  She was beyond excited.  She would hug it and say "I love it!"  We all had a great time and Annie enjoyed getting to play with all her cousins.






We have one more Christmas gathering to go before Christmas is officially over for us!  Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips