Thursday, November 10, 2011

Anniston is 1 Month Old!

My sweet Anniston,

I cannot believe you have been in our lives for only a few short weeks.  Our lives have completely changed because of you- and in a good way!  I look at you and still can't believe you are mine.  It brings me such joy to hold you in my arms and to think I have a lifetime of watching you grow up.

I'm not going to lie though, taking care of a newborn is exhausting.  You need constant care and attention.  My life completely revolves around you- which is something I was not used to until now. Being a first time mom is hard- I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm so scared I'm going to mess up in some way.  We've been taking it one day at a time and I think we've been making it pretty good so far!

Breastfeeding didn't work out so well for us- so on to plan B!  I've been exclusively pumping and feeding you breastmilk.  Between you eating every 2 hours (sometimes 1 and 1/2 hours), me pumping in between, cleaning out the pump, and washing bottles I have about 30 minutes before it's time to start it all again!  That has been the most frustrating and exhausting part- but then I hold you in my arms while you sleep and all that disappears.  I look down on your precious and innocent face and I feel so blessed!

You have had really bad gas and acid reflux.  Sometimes you will just cry and cry and I feel helpless.  We have tried a couple of different positions to help you feel better.  You love to bounce- so we do plenty of that!

You are wearing newborn diapers and newborn/0-3 month clothes.  You have scratched your face several times with your fingernails so I've been trying to put you in clothes that have mittens.

You sleep on me or with me holding you at night.  If I lay you down in your bassinet you will only sleep for about 30 minutes.  If I hold you sometimes you can go several hours without waking up.  Your gas makes you uncomfortable and fussy at night but I know it won't last forever.  Daddy usually gets up super early to take over the duties while I catch a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Your favorite face to make is when you purse your lips together as if to say "oooh."  It is so funny and we have so many pictures of you making this face.  You can also hold your head up for several seconds at a time!

I'm so blessed to have you, Anniston.  You have brought more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined.  These first few weeks have been tough, but I would not have traded them for anything!

I love you sweet Annison!

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips