Sunday, November 20, 2011

My First Girl's Night Out

Jodi, Allie, and I had big plans to attend the Breaking Dawn midnight showing last Thursday night so Anniston had her first sleepover at Kay Kay and Poppy's. We met up with mom and dad at a halfway point between Jackson and Memphis Thursday night and Anniston was going to stay with them until our early Thanksgiving get-together with the Hopper's Saturday afternoon. This meant I would have girl's night Thursday and the ENTIRE day on Friday to run whatever errands I wanted to. I had been looking so forward to this all week. I hadn't been out with the girls in a LONG time!


I knew I would miss her while she was away but I was so unprepared for the stream of waterworks that appeared as I was handing her over to mom and dad. I cried, kissed her, peered through the car window at her, opened the door to kiss her again, and then cried most of the entire way back. I felt like the other half of me was gone! Up until now, I have not been away from her for more than about 2 hours- and she's almost 6 weeks old. I seriously considered cancelling the entire arrangement! But I didn't- and I had such a great time.


Allie and I met up with Jodi at Old Venice for some pizza, pasta, and wine before the movie. We had tickets to see Eclipse before Breaking Dawn so that we would have good seats and not have to stand in line. There were 8 or 9 midnight showings and every one of them was sold out! It was crazy! It's always fun looking at everyone's T-shirts- people can be so creative.



I didn't catch up much on sleep that night since we didn't get home until 2:30 am, but it was so worth it! On Friday, while Brandon was working, Allie and I went shopping. We shopped for us and for Anniston. Anniston has outgrown all her newborn onesies so she needed new onesies in the 0-3 month size. We also found her some of the cutest Christmas outfits. She is going to be so festive all through the month of December! Friday night Brandon and I went out to dinner and then came home to just relax around the house. By Saturday, I was SO ready to see my precious baby girl! It was nice to have a little time to myself because I got caught up on things around the house and had a little fun too! Oh- and did I mention how wonderful it was to have a full night of sleep? It does wonders for a new mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips