Monday, August 20, 2012

A Date Night and an Elvis Concert

This past Thursday I had the day off because Brandon and I had tickets to the 35th Anniversary Elvis Concert at the Fed Ex Forum.  We've had these tickets since last year and we have been so excited to have a date night and attend a concert.

During the day, Anniston and I pretty much spent the entire day playing.  It seemed that she transformed into my little toddler overnight!  She was everywhere and into everything!  She wanted to stand, walk, dump toys out, and stand and walk again.  I spent the day chasing after her, grabbing things that she shouldn't have from her hands and mouth, and cleaning up the disaster of a mess she left behind her.  It was exhausting!  I'm not complaining one bit though- we had so much fun and I enjoyed seeing her get around so much on her own and exploring new things.

My mom drove into town that afternoon because she was going to watch her while Brandon and I went to the concert.  She was so surprised at all the new things Anniston was doing.  My little girl is growing up right before my eyes!  Brandon and I left early so we could have dinner downtown and enjoy ourselves before the concert. It's been awhile since I've been downtown and I was really shocked at all the new stores and restaurants that have popped up.  We strolled down Main Street, which used to almost be deserted, except for the trolleys coming up and down it.  Now there was a yoga class being held on the sidewalk, young professionals relaxing on the patios of restaurants, and even a live band playing!  We decided to eat on the patio of a local Memphis restaurant called the Local Gastropub.  We people watched, listened to the band, and just had fun with each other.  Have I mentioned date nights are SO much fun, especially when you don't get to do them very often.  Of course I checked in with Mom several times to make sure my baby girl was doing okay without us there:)

After dinner we went to the Flying Saucer for a bit before we headed off to the concert.  The place was PACKED.  Elvis impersonators were everywhere.  People had on their Elvis T-shirts and were carrying their Elvis purses- it was crazy!  This is a big deal in Memphis, people!  We really enjoyed the concert.  They had footage from various Elvis performances with live bands and muscians playing along.  Lisa Marie and Priscilla also made an appearance, of course. It was fun, but at about 10 pm I started to see Brandon's eyes drift shut and I knew it was getting past our bedtime.  The concert was still going but we were pooped and I did have to work the next day.  We are old people now with a baby at home so we just can't "hang" like we used to.  It was still a fun night out though!

I snapped these pics of Anniston playing in her room before we left that evening:




                                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Anniston's outfit is so cute! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catie! I got it from Lolly Wolly Doodle on Facebook! Very affordable!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips