Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy 10 Months Anniston!

Dear Anniston,

You are 10 months old!  This means it's only 2 more months until you are 1 year old!  I cannot believe that just 10 months ago I was holding you in my arms for the very first time.  I look back on some of your newborn pictures and in some ways it doesn't even seem like you are the same person; you have grown and changed so much.  It makes me sad sometimes to think those days when you were itty bitty are over but then I think about what all I have to look forward to as you grow into a little person.  I have so much to report during this month's post; you are learning new things every single day it seems!

This past month you have really started to stand alone very well.  You can stand by yourself, without holding on to anything, for many, many seconds now.  Your balance has become much better and you can now "sit" down when you want instead of just plopping down because you lost your balance.  I am hopeful that walking is just around the corner! You can walk around furniture fairly well if you are holding on to something. One night, a couple of weeks ago, Aunt Allie was over here and we all got to witness you attempt to take your first unassisted steps! You fell right down on your bottom after that but it you at least are starting to take initiative by yourself.  We were all so excited that we started yelling, which, of course, made you very excited.  I picked you up from Ms. Kristi's last week and she told me you took 2 steps all by yourself that day!  It won't be long now before you are walking all over the place!

You are talking more and more each day.  You have new babbling sounds that appeared this past month.  One of my favorites is "yayayaya."  You can get pretty loud with the babbling sometimes, especially if you are excited or in a good mood.  It always seems you want to talk really, really loud when we are out at restaurants.  Daddy and I think it is the cutest sound in the world, but I'm sure not everyone there thinks that!  You said "Da da" one morning and Daddy jumped up off the couch because he was so excited.  You have said it a couple more times since then.  Daddy and I think that you have tried to say "Ruby" also.  We point to Ruby and say her name and you then try to mimic us.  Granted, it really doesn't sound exactly like "Ruby," but we are both convinced that you are trying!  No "ma ma" yet...

You can now wave your little hands.  This started pretty early on in the month and mostly you would wave at random times and not much in response to someone waving at you.  Now you wave in response to someone and you have even waved "bye bye" to me when I drop you off at Ms. Kristi's.  I must say it is the cutest little wave.  You have really got some wrist action going on!

We are trying to feed you more and more table food now.  When we go out to eat I try to feed you "big people food."  Sometimes the texture shocks you a little at first but you have liked most everything I have given you.  You can definitely make a huge mess but it is so worth it to see you having so much fun feeding yourself!  You eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with water from your sippy cup.  You have a 4 oz bottle in the early morning and then again around 9:30 am.  You take a 6 oz bottle around 2:30 pm and again before bed.

We went through a really rough 2 weeks or so when you wanted to get up at 4 am every. single. morning.  Thankfully, that phase has pasted (at least for now.)  There have been many nights here lately that you have slept from 7:30 pm until 4 am and then will go back to sleep until 5-6 am.  Thank the heavens!  

You got your first ear infection since your tubes were put in this month.  You ran a little fever and looked so pitiful!  This changed our sleeping habits a bit, but you still do so well even when you are sick!

You wear a size 3 diaper and a size 4 nighttime diaper.  At your last weigh-in you were almost 21 lbs and about 27 1/2 inches tall!  You are healthy and happy and I am so thankful!

We have so much fun hanging out and playing these days that it makes me miss you so much when I'm away from you.  I love every single thing about you- from the way you purse your lips together and furrow you eyebrows when you get mad to the way you giggle and bury your head in my chest.  I am so lucky to have you, baby girl.

I love you,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips