Monday, May 27, 2013

Hey Baby, I'm Sorry. Let's Do "Hugs"



I just had to post about Anniston's use of those 3 phrases lately.  It is just too cute not to document because I'm sure it won't last long!

When I come home from work, or when Anniston gets up in the morning or for a nap, I always say to her, "Hey Baby."  Then I give her a hug or a kiss on the cheek.  I didn't even realize I did this so much until one day Anniston randomly comes up to me and says "hey baby."  It's so funny how she picks up on small little phrases and such that you don't even realize you say so much!  It's now become our "thing."  So far, she only says it to me, I guess because I'm the only one who says it to her.  Now when I say it to her she will grin and say it back.  I love how it's our special thing only between us:)



She has also started saying "I'm sorry."  Most of the time, she slightly misuses the phrase.  She will bump into something or hit her head on something and immediately says I'm sorry.  She will drop something on the floor and say I'm sorry.  It's adorable.  I tell her she doesn't have to say I'm sorry to the door when she runs into it but so far, she thinks she does. 

I'd prefer her to say it to me when I lay her down to change her diaper and she starts kicking me (thinking it's funny.)  But no.  Instead, I have to get on to her and tell her "No" (which she does not like.)  At all.  Almost immediately after I say no with my don't-mess-with-me look she reaches up to throw her arms around my neck and says "hugs!"  She is so sensitive when someone tells her no, especially when I say it and she thinks I'm mad at her.  She wants reassurance that I'm not and I guess hugs are her way of saying I'm sorry. 

The "hugs" game gets played at other times, too.  She will be playing with something or reading a book and will run over to me saying "hugs, hugs" right before she throws her arms around my neck.  Then she will do the same to Brandon.  Oh, and also Ruby.  She never leaves Ruby out:)  I personally love the hugs game.  I will take a hug or a kiss from my baby any time I can get it.  I know it won't be long before she is 13 and it will be totally uncool to play the hugs game:(

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips