Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Bedtime anxiety?  Not anymore!!!  I'm not gonna lie- the first month or so after Anniston was born I used to have "bedtime anxiety."  I didn't know how well we were going to sleep (if at all) and how well I was going to function the next day.  I constantly thought "How long am I going to be able to go before the sleep deprivation catches up with me?"  Luckily, that train of thought didn't last very long.  Granted, we have had some bad, sleepless nights.  But for the most part we've gotten a decent amount of sleep.

Now I almost look forward to bedtime.  We've got her on a semi-schedule with a nighttime routine and Brandon and I have our own routine down as well.  I usually stay with her in our den while Brandon goes back to the bedroom to get some uninterrupted sleep.  Around 5 am or so we switch.  So why again do I look forward to bedtime?

For starters, Anniston is doing really well at night.  She's not sleeping through the night yet, but she only wakes up once or twice during the night.  While we are trying to go to sleep we watch FRIENDS on DVD.  This brings me to my happy place.  It always has and probably always will.  So we started on Season 1 and we are working our way through Season 10.  Now that is getting colder outside, I have been turning on our "fireplace" space heater.  We turn the lights off, snuggle by the fire, and watch our FRIENDS shows.  It creates such a great atmosphere and I often reflect on what a little miracle she is and how extremely lucky I am to have her in my life.  I'm going to miss these nights when she gets older!



signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips