Monday, February 20, 2012

Is It Really Monday?

It doesn't really feel like Monday to me.  Normally, when it's my weekend to work, I get Monday off.  This week, I swapped shifts with one of the other pharmacists so now I have to work 12-8pm today and have tomorrow off instead.  Not so bad, considering I have all morning to spend with my baby girl and get a little "break" in the week tomorrow.

We had some exciting news come about towards the beginning of the weekend.  Brandon got a new job!  He has officially quit his job with his old company and will start his new job in about a week or so.  We are both really excited about this new opportunity.  The biggest perk (at least in my opinion):  less travel!  It's going to be so great to have him home more often.  He will still have to travel overnight some, but it will be considerably less than what he was doing at his old job.

We had a fun weekend even though I spent the majority of it at work.  I got off at 4pm on Friday, so I was really excited to be able to spend a little extra time with the family Friday night.  We had a great night at home.  Brandon and I played with Anniston and sang countless songs to her so she would laugh and smile.  When we would run out of songs to sing, we did resort to singing along with commercials that came on TV.  Oddly enough, those were the ones she liked the best.  I think she likes us singing together too.  It was fun.  And cheesy.

On Saturday, my parents came in town to spend the day with Anniston while I was at work and Brandon was catching up on some stuff around the house.  After work, Brandon and I went about our normal bedtime routine with A and then laid around catching up on DVR.  I even got a foot massage while we were watching TV!  Oh my..

On Sunday, Brandon's mom, nana, sister, and her two girls came to visit and see Anniston while I was at work.  I was sad that I missed out on all the fun but it was nice getting her all to myself when I got off work:)

I'm looking so forward to Tuesday this week.  It's my day off and Brandon will be off as well.  We're trying to think of something fun to do since it's not often we both have a weekday off together.  I think we may go eat at a local taco shop for an early dinner.  It will be the first time we've gone out to dinner just us and Anniston.

I think this is going to be a good week!  Here are some pics I snapped from this weekend.  Happy Monday!





1 comment:

 
Blogging tips