Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Update & Big Girl Food

This week has been pretty crazy and busy.  I got up bright and early Monday morning to take Anniston to the pediatrician because I felt she was being a little "off" on Sunday.  She was fussy at times when she normally isn't and because of past experiences with this- I could feel an ear infection brewing.  I wasn't due to be at work until 10 am so we hightailed it to the pediatrician's office when they opened.  I was right- both ears were infected.  Here we go again.  Another round of antibiotics.  I did mention to my doctor that she has pretty much been on antibiotics since Christmas (minus a few weeks in between rounds of it.)  Thankfully, she said we needed to sit down and talk about our options for getting tubes put in if this is going to continue.  Anniston was really pretty good even though she felt bad.  Even when she's sick and I know her ears must be hurting, she is still a very good baby.  Bless her heart.  I raced to get her prescription filled after leaving the doctor's.  Luckily, one of my friends was filling in as pharmacist at the nearby pharmacy so I was able to pull some strings to get it filled and ready before we got there.  Then it was off to the babysitter's to drop her off, give her a dose of antibiotics before I left, and race in to work.  Whew.  I was worn out by the time I got therek.  I worried all day about how she was doing.  Thankfully, the lady who keeps her is awesome and sent me a couple of emails throughout the day to update me.

The pediatrician did say that I could start her on some solid foods at any time.  We discussed if she was actually ready to start and pretty much concluded that since she looooves to eat- all the time, anytime, anywhere- she was most definitely ready to try some solids.  This put me in a very good mood.  I've been so excited about getting to feed her solids and was so anxious to see how she would do.  We gave her her first taste of rice cereal Tuesday night.  She absolutely loved it!  She would get cranky in between bites and start flailing her arms and legs and then gobble it up when I offered her another bite.  It was so much fun to watch her.

Apparently the rice filled her tummy up because she took a very long nap soon afterwards.  I actually had to go wake her up to take her last bottle and change her into pajamas before bed.  I don't know if the rice had something to do with this or not- but she worked up a really good (and really, really smelly) poopy before bedtime.  I had to do the work myself to change her diaper and clean her up because B was about to be sick from the smell.  You would think he would be used to it by now.....ha ha.  I just had to snap this pic because it was too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips